About the Product :
Acana Puppy & Junior is an excellent quality food made to fulfil the high protein needs of puppies at their growth stage. The food is created with a whole-prey diet recipe, keeping intact similarities between domesticated dogs and those found in their natural habitat. The food consists of - 70% Free-Run Chicken, Wild fish and Whole Nest laid eggs ; 30% Vegetables, Fruits and Botanicals. The food has high palatability due to an infusion of freeze-dried liver, making the taste irresistible for even the most fussy eaters. Ideal for puppies between 9-25 Kg at maturity.
The Brand :
ACANA Food Recipes are created to suit the natural dietary needs of dogs that allow flavours that are inhibitantly accepted and easily digested by dogs. Human grade ingredients, such as grain, is excluded from these recipes. The food is made in award-winning kitchens, with complete control on the quality of kibble in each bag.
Fresh chicken meat (16%), chicken meal (13%), turkey meal (13%), red lentils, whole green peas, fresh chicken giblets (liver, heart, kidney) (6%), chicken fat (6%), fresh whole eggs (4%), fresh whole flounder (4%), herring meal (3%), herring oil (3%), sun-cured alfalfa (2%), green lentils, field beans (2%), whole yellow peas, pea fibre, fresh chicken cartilage (2%), dried brown kelp, fresh whole pumpkin, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole parsnips, fresh kale, fresh spinach, fresh mustard greens, fresh turnip greens, fresh whole carrots, fresh red delicious apples, fresh Bartlett pears, freeze-dried chicken liver, freeze-dried turkey liver, fresh whole cranberries, fresh whole blueberries, chicory root, turmeric, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rose hips. Supplements Zinc chelate. Vitamin E (preservative).
*ACANA's Biologically Appropriate Philosophy-Our pet dog and cat companions are descendants of wild wolves and big cats and though they have been domesticated over the years. Anatomically, they continue to have features that are designed for a meat-based diet. It is to suit these biological needs that ACANA's food recipes have a large portion of meat protein.Friendly Tip :
- The puppy stage is very crucial in building a strong foundation for your pet's health, just as it is in humans. It is essential to provide a balanced diet, enriched with nutrition to maximise wellbeing as adults.
- Always consult a vet to understand your pet's dietary requirements.
- Always let your pet have access to clean drinking water.
- While switching from a different brand, always allow a slow transition into the new brand. Different brands of food are created using different processes. Hence, a sudden change in pH of the food can cause an upset stomach.
- Strictly follow the feeding guide as seen on the food bag. This is necessary to ensure your pet's dietary requirements are being met.
- Avoid feeding your pet grain, dairy, potato etc. as these can cause obesity in pets. Obesity is related to various other health issues as the pet matures in age.
- 70% Meat Protein
- 30% Fruits, Vegetables & Botanicals
- Grain Free Diet - 0% Grains, Potato, Tapioca
- 1/3rd fresh meat without preservatives
- 2/3rd dehydrated meat without preservatives
- Meets nutritional levels established by AAFCO Dog Food