Acana Free Run Duck is an excellent quality food made to fulfil the dietary needs of dogs in a biologically appropriate manner. This food is made with a single ingredient meat component to assist dogs with a sensitive stomach. The food is created with a whole-prey diet recipe, keeping intact similarities between domesticated dogs and those found in their natural habitat. The food consists of - 50% Free-Run Duck ; 50% Vegetables, Fruits and Botanicals. The food has high palatability due to an infusion of freeze-dried liver, making the taste irresistible for fussy eaters. Suitable for all dog breeds and all life stages.
The Brand :
ACANA Food Recipes are created to suit the natural dietary needs of dogs that allow flavours that are inhibitantly accepted and easily digested by dogs. Human grade ingredients, such as grain, is excluded from these recipes. The food is made in award-winning kitchens, with complete control on the quality of kibble in each bag.
Fresh duck (18%), duck meat meal (17%), whole green peas, whole red lentils, fresh duck giblets (liver, heart, kidney) (7%), duck fat (6%), fresh bartlett pears (4%), whole garbanzo beans, whole green lentils, whole yellow peas, dried duck cartilage (2%), lentil fibre, marine algae (1.2%) (pure and sustainable source of DHA and EPA), fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole pumpkin, dried brown kelp, freeze-dried duck liver (0.1%), salt, fresh whole cranberries, fresh whole blueberries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips, enterococcus faecium. Supplements: Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Zinc Chelate, Copper Chelate.
*ACANA's Biologically Appropriate Philosophy-Our pet dog and cat companions are descendants of wild wolves and big cats and though they have been domesticated over the years. Anatomically, they continue to have features that are designed for a meat-based diet. It is to suit these biological needs that ACANA's food recipes have a large portion of meat protein.Friendly Tip :
- Always consult a vet to understand your pet's dietary requirements.
- Always let your pet have access to clean drinking water.
- While switching from a different brand, always allow a slow transition into the new brand. Different brands of food are created using different processes. Hence, a sudden change in pH of the food can cause an upset stomach.
- Strictly follow the feeding guide as seen on the food bag. This is necessary to ensure your pet's dietary requirements are being met.
- Duck meat might not be easy to source for some, hence, this food aids in providing flavour exposure to your pet.
- Avoid feeding your pet grain, dairy, potato etc. as these can cause obesity in pets. Obesity is related to various other health issues as the pet matures in age.
- Understand your pet's food allergies by consulting a vet.
- 50% Meat Protein
- 50% Fruits, Vegetables & Botanicals
- Grain Free Diet - 0% Grains, Potato, Tapioca
- High quality ingredients fit for human consumption
- Meets nutritional levels established by AAFCO Dog Food